Friday, March 11, 2016

Traces of a little boy


S.O.L. # 11 out of 31


Traces of a Little Boy

lonely Legos
lying  near
left behind
pieces

wince in fear
with the raise of a hand
gotta get away
from that man

batman wristband
clasped around
nothing

can't live there
so full of dread
needs a safe place
to lay his head

Wrinkled paper
crayon sketch
hope my love
will always be etched



P.S.   My husband and I helped get my niece and her 6 year old boy out of a bad situation. They stayed with us for a couple of months. Then moved on again...leaving a few things behind which evoked some lingering thoughts in my mind. 

3 comments:

  1. Powerful piece leave lots of questions in my head!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment Chris. I think I will write a quick P.S. to the blog so others who don't know me will have more of an idea of the situation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I can picture the emotions in you as you find the left over pieces! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete