Tuesday, March 15, 2016

#15 tattoo anyone?





S.O.L. # 15 out of 31


Rose’s  “Out of the Mouths of Babes” tattoo conversation post reminded me of a situation I had to deal with when my daughter was little.


I am a teacher in our small town and my daughter had just recently started going to new preschool at about the age of 3.  I didn’t know the owner or staff very well yet.  Every time  I picked my daughter up,  they always had something to tell me about her day or something funny that she did. She is my talker and there is no telling what she would say sometimes.


Once when they were trying to get to know our family they asked her, “Where does your daddy live?” She replied, “In ‘da woods” .  I had to explain to them later that daddy is a hunter and it was hunting season so he had been gone away on a hunting trip. Evidently she thought he was staying there awhile.


Anyway on this particular day, I arrived to pick her up and the owner approached me and said she had a funny conversation with my daughter earlier. She proceeded to say that they were talking about tattoos and when one of the teachers asked my daughter.. 

“Does your mommy have tattoos?”  
(I don’t...by the way... but they don’t know me yet so I guess they were wondering)

Shockingly, my daughter replied, “Yes.” 

To which the teacher inquired, “Oh really, Where are your mommy’s tattoos?”



My innocent daughter answered, “In the kitchen cabinet.”


Ahhh, relief. Thank heaven, she was only talking about temporary tattoos!!!!

9 comments:

  1. Oh, at first I thought she meant 'tatoes - yes, kids will say stuff that you don't even want to have to explain... maybe you have inspired me to tell a couple... or maybe not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always told parents, "I promise to only belief half of what your child tells me about you if you promise to only belief half of what she tells you about me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh kids say the funniest things! We have a daycare story that might make a good slice, but it will definitely show what goes on at home! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wouldn't it be nice to have that delay switch that networks have? I know I'd use that with my 15 and 17 year olds! :) Thank you for sharing this humorous slice with us today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable! Always entertaining these little ones

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha! Thanks for sharing! I know even in third grade I know too much about some of my students' families.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing this link today! I always love it when one slicer inspires another.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love to write about memories! I bet you have lots of "ammunition" for stories with that doll baby!

    ReplyDelete