S.O.L. #11 out of 31
Pondering about pursuing our Country Livin’ Dream
- Lots of land
- Son can ride his dirt bike, shoot his bow, explore creeks and woods nearby
- Husband and son can maybe even hunt nearby
- I can grow a bigger garden
- Maybe have our own swimming pool
- Finally get that family dog we’ve always wanted.
- I would love a hammock perfectly placed between two trees (don’t have a single tree now)
- Gorgeous sunset views
- Warm breezes wafting through our open windows while we listen to the quiet crickets chirp
- Can have cats-outdoors (my son is allergic to indoor cats)
- I’m sure I would hear,
“Bye, Mom. Im going fishing!” (in the pond on our property--of course) and
“Can we have some chickens, bunnies maybe a pony too?”
But….. we’d be leaving behind our lovely neighborhood :(
- Best neighbors, safe neighborhood
- Lived here eight years
- The only home Kailtyn has ever known
- All the neighbors have watched the kids grow up
- walking trails through the conservation ground
- can walk all the way to the beach at the lake
- can be in the lake with our boat in 5 minutes
- sidewalks through the neighborhood
- can walk to the neighborhood pool
- A little creek a couple houses down (actually it is storm drain run-off ) but it is where my boy has created so memories catching frogs, crawdads and even turtles (brought home a snapping turtle one time)
- ride bicycles and scooters on the sidewalks
- lots of kids available to play at any moment
- Friends live in the house behind us ---kids the same age, trampoline, snow sledding, bonfires, smores
- Neighbors who love the kids so much they give them gifts (Popsicle every time he sees them, case of grapefruit, bag of cuties, fresh baked loaves of bread or molasses cookies)
- Families grilling out and sharing dinners on the back decks together.
- Surprise desserts from neighbors (cookies, piping hot cherry turnovers & banana nut bread with gooey icing)
- Close to work, close to our little town (stores, groceries, kids activities)
This started out as a pro/con list. But creating this list has helped me see that moving to a new house is really not about the house at all …..It’s about everything else.
I can see now that.........
So let’s bring on the …….